Sheer Curtains • Sheer Curtain with Tabs • Tab Curtains
From Window Decor by Susan E. Mickey
No Sew Curtain - Cinched Fabric Panel
Sheer Curtain Materials
- Sheer decorator fabric
- Decorator fabric for tabs
- Sewing machine
- Decorative curtain rod
Making Curtain Panels
- Fold under the sides of panels 1-1/2" and press. Fold under again 1-1/2" and press. Stitch next to the inside fold.
- Fold the top down 3" and press. Fold down again 3" and press. Stitch next to the inside fold. Repeat this step for bottom hem.
- Make the tabs and hand stitch them to the tops of panels, gathering the ends of them in a small space. Make tabs (see instructions on right).
- Stitch a button onto bottom of each tab.
NOTE: You may do the whole process with fusible webbing or some other bonding material if you wish to avoid machine sewing altogether.
How to Make Tabs
- Cut double the number of tabs needed. [download tab pattern, Acrobat Reader needed]
- Put two tabs right sides together and stitch around the outside on the stitching lines. Leave the space between the dots unsewn to have an opening for turning.
- Turn tabs right side out through unsewn opening.
- Press tab and hand sew opening shut or topstitch all the way around on the machine.
- Pin the tab in place at top of finished curtain, pinning through the curtain and aligning the back of the tab with the front of the tab.
- Stitch the tabs to the top of the finished curtain.