Window Drapery • Drapery Fabric • Pinch-Pleated Window Drapery
Pinch-Pleated Window Drapery
- Decorator fabric for draperies
- Pleater tape to match style of heading
- Pleater hooks
- End pins
After pleating tape to correct size, cut pleater tape for each panel so that panels have pockets in the same position. Add 1/2" at each end of pleater tape for finishing.
Cut decorator fabric so width is the length of the pleater tape plus 4" to allow for 1" double-fold side hems. Seam fabric if necessary, allowing 1" for each seam. For length, cut fabric finished length, plus 6-1/2" to allow for 3" double-fold hem and 1/2" for turning under on upper edge.
- Pre-pleat pleater tape to finished width of window drapery panel. Leave space unpleated at one end of tape for overlap and at other end for return.
- Position the pleater tape on installed traverse rod and adjust pleats if necessary. Fold ends under 1/2". Remove hooks. Cut drapery panels using pleater tape as guide.
- Turn under double-fold hem on lower edge and double-fold hems on sides; stitch. Mark 1/2" from upper edge on right side of drapery.
- Pin upper edge of pleater tape, pocket side up, along marked line so that pleater tape overlaps drapery 1/2". Stitch 1/4" from edge of pleater tape.
- Fold pleater tape to inside of drapery so it is even with finished upper edge of the window drapery; press. Stitch lower edge and both sides of tape, following guideline on tape, if marked.
- Insert hooks. Push prongs all the way up into pleats. Adjust folds between hooks.